Building Digital products is usually a collaborative endeavor involving designers, engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders. For designers, one of the major challenges of this collaborative process is ensuring the consistency and usability of products as design teams scale.
Design Systems help address these challenges by providing a standardized collection of reusable components and patterns that can be assembled together to build any number of applications.
In this introductory workshop on Building and Managing Design Systems with Sketch and Invision Design System Manager, you’ll learn how to design flexible, reusable design system components in Sketch and how to collaborate on, share, and maintain design system libraries with Invision Design System Manager.
- A Mac laptop
- Basic familiarity with Sketch. The official Sketch documentation is a good resource to get you up and running quickly - https://www.sketchapp.com/docs/
Prior to the workshop, please complete the following activities:
- Sign up for Invision, if you don’t already have an Invision account.
- Download or upgrade to the latest version of Sketch. If you’re not a regular Sketch user, you can take advantage of the 30-day free trial. - https://www.sketchapp.com/get/
- Download and install Craft plugin for Sketch - https://www.invisionapp.com/craft
- Download and install Anima Toolkit plugin for Sketch. To download, select your role and main goal and click on the “Download Anima Sketch” Plugin button. - https://www.animaapp.com/welcome#/
- Download and install Stark plugin for Sketch - https://www.getstark.co/
- Download the Zeitspace Session Starter Sketch file - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16Oc4OKXS7v7hI6X-Mi9Lg5MWLLQNDiZz?usp=sharing